Quinoa & Lentil Stuffed Pepper
This delicious dish works as a meal on its own or as a great side if you're feeling hungry!
8 Cherry tomatoes
1 Garlic clove
1/4 cup of cooked quinoa
1/4 cup of cooked lentils
* Cut the top off the peppers and remove the seeds
* Slice the tomatoes in half and put inside the two peppers
* Using a knife, press on the garlic glove to crush it slightly. Cut it into about 6 pieces and put half into each pepper
* Cook at 180° until they start to soften
* Cook the quinoa and lentils according to the instructions on the packet
* Finely chop the onion and leek and sauté in a pan - I use a tiny bit of coconut oil for this
* Mix the lentils, quinoa and sautéed veg and spoon into the peppers
* Cook for a further 10 minutes or until the peppers are soft if needed.
I served mine on a bed of steamed kale and spinach but they are delicious alone or as a side themselves!