Rocky Road Loving (GF, DF, RSF, Vegan)
So you may have been lucky enough to try the delicious Chocolate Seed Bars that I posted last week. I managed to demolish my first batch far too quickly and set about to fill my fridge with other goodies. I absolutely love that recipe but found it slightly too sweet for my taste so I decided to try fiddling around with it a bit and the result has been a huge success (if I do say so myself).
These have a more biscuity texture and remind me of the Rocky Road's sold in Starbucks (minus marshmallows and lots of other naughty ingredients). In the spirit of Valentine's day I decided to get creative and make mine into cute little heart shapes before ironically enjoying them alone. I'm certainly not complaining! Whether you're making a treat for someone special or showing yourself some love, these are the perfect way to do it...
Ingredients (makes around 6 squares) 2 tbsp agave nectar 2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tbsp raw cacao
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tbsp shredded coconut
2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 handful sultanas 3 tbsp oats (I used gluten free) 2 tbsp quinoa flakes
- Add the agave, coconut oil and cacao to a non-stick pan on a low heat.
- Let it boil and stir continuously for a minute until it forms a smooth liquid.
- Add the other ingredients to the mixture and stir until evenly covered.
- Poor into a lined or greased tin and allow to cool.
- Place in the fridge to harden and then cut into desired size squares or get creative with biscuit cutters like I did - the offcuts make nice little slices too.