Chocolate Seed Bars (Vegan, GF, DF, RSF)
I'm baking my way through Monday afternoon after browsing The Healthy Happy Wife this morning. Her blog is filled with ideas and looks particularly great for gluten, sugar and dairy free sweet treats. The 'No Bake Chocolate Bars' were top of my list and I'm itching to try them once I have left them long enough to set in the fridge.
Ingredients (makes around 12 slices)
1/2 cup agave nectar
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup raw cacao
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 cup shredded coconut
1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup flax seeds
I also then added 1/4 cup of dried apricots cut into tiny chunks - sultanas or other dried fruit would work too!
This recipe took about 5 minutes to make...
- Add the agave, coconut oil and cacao to a non-stick pan on a low heat.
- Let it boil and stir continuously for a minute.
- Add the other ingredients to the mixture and stir until evenly covered.
- Poor into a lined or greased tin and allow to cool.
- Place in the fridge to harden and then cut into desired size squares.