Overnight Soaked Oats (DF, GF, RSF, Vegan)
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and its so easy to get stuck in a routine with it - which I am totally guilty of! In a desperate bid of procrastination yesterday afternoon, I decided to take the opportunity to make something a bit more adventurous to brighten up my morning tomorrow. The best part about this recipe is that you can make it the night before or even do a batch to last for a few days.
Ingredients (makes 2-3)
1 cup of gluten free oats
11/2 cups almond milk (or milk of choice)
1/2 cup chia seeds
1/2 cup desecrated coconut
- Soak the oats in one cup of milk
- With the remaining milk, soak the chia seeds in a separate bowl for 10 minutes or so
- Blend the bananas and mango with a little water - just enough to get it moving. Either blend totally or leave chunks - either work great
- Layer some of the blended mango/banana mixture into the bottom of the glass
- Add a layer of oats (I used the coconut to separate the layers slightly) then place more mixture on top. Then do the same with the chia seeds.
- Top with a final layer of chia seeds and sprinkle the more coconut on top
- Put in the fridge overnight ready to enjoy in the morning
These really are delicious and a perfect motivation to get you up on a lazy morning!